We’re so excited to tell you about some of the exciting things we’ve got planned for the rest of this year and beyond. Let’s start with the obvious… we have a new website!
Mr S has gone on an interviewing frenzy. We have been fortunate enough to interview very interesting people across the world. These people are sharing their stories with us while showing us how they use problem solving every day to perform the work they do.
As a build up to World Peace Day on 21 September, Mr S will be interviewing Max Pazak & Kayli Levitan (Founders of Street Store) – an innovative clothing store for homeless people that is now replicated all over the world! Tuesday, 16 September 6pm. Watch it live on www.livingmaths.com. The live feed will begin playing at 6pm on Tuesday Evening.You can email questions to email@example.com or tweet questions to @livingmaths
On Friday, 19 September at 4:30pm , Mr S will interview Chaeli Mycroft (Chaeli Campaign) and Laura Lasance (Kids Rights) – We get to meet Chaeli and find out why she was chosen to win the International Children’s peace Prize. . You can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet questions to @livingmaths
Mr S was interviewed on 4 September 2014. Watch it here:
Watch other interviews with Mr S: Click here
Living Maths has acquired our very own LEGO Mindstorms kit. We will be putting together a team of Living Maths students to enter the First Lego League competition this year. If you’re interested, click here:
We have a brand new website just for you. We have been listening to your suggestions and comments, we have read through all your emails with ideas on what we need to do to make the new website awesome… this site is the result. We will be tweaking it over the next couple of weeks but please continue to send us feedback – this site is designed for you!
Our plans to launch our own weather balloon into space are very much on track, follow us on Facebook and twitter to stay up to date with our progress. This will take place during world Space week – 4-10 October 2014. We can’t wait to send up our cameras into space to see it for ourselves.
Other exciting events
- International DOT Day is on 15 September –teachers can click here for more information http://www.thedotclub.org/dotday/
- Global Day of Peace is on 21 September. We will be hosting an interview that day – Guest to be announced.
- Global Cardboard Challenge Day 11 October 2014 – A fun day that is celebrated all over the world. Bring your creativity and your artistic touch. Save the date and we will post an update soon.
- In October we are hosting Mr Jim Adams from NASA – we will also be hosting a Google Hangout with a Panel of NASA scientists and a local scientist in Sutherland. Watch this space for all the details.
- World Space Week is 4 to 10 October 2014. Some exciting events planned.
- SPEED CUBING – Living Maths is helping to bring the South African leg of the Speed Cubing championships to the Cape Town Science Centre on 30 November 2014. How fast can you solve the Rubik’s cube ? Enter the championships here: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=CapeTown2014 . Speedcubes.co.za will be hosting a training session for those of you that would like to learn how to solve the Rubik’s cube. The world record holder and another Speedcube champ will be in Cape Town for the event and might join us on a school visit or two. Details to be announced soon. The workshop will operate on a first-come-first-served basis.