TEACH YOUNG CHILDREN AND HAVE LOADS OF FUN
If you are busy with your senior under-graduate or post-graduate studies and you need an avenue to vent your creativity, while earning some money – PLEASE KEEP READING. Living Maths is a well-known and respected educational programme. We are currently teaching in over 25 top schools in Cape Town. We are looking for extremely dynamic and vibrantfacilitators who have a passion for the elegance of maths and science. We would like to offer you an opportunity where you can impart this passion and excitement of the analytical sciences to young primary school children on a part time basis.
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be required to teach a class of approximately 20 – 25 pupils aged 7-13 yrs on a weekly basis. You will also be responsible for presenting a brilliant lesson that will inspire the children. All facilitators teach according to a syllabus that is provided each term. The actual lesson flavour comes from the facilitator’s enthusiasm and personality. Attending a monthly meetingand other events are expected. If your application is successful you will become part of a highly motivated team that is currently offering the Living Maths program to approximately 4500 children around the peninsula.
- Extensive academic exposure to analytical sciences in particular engineering, computer science, physics, maths/applied maths or youth work or teaching
- Quality experience working with children
- Possess a passion for the elegance of maths and science and have the personality to impart this passion to young children.
- The ability to interface with a highly motivated team and assume responsibility for the completion of individual tasks.
- Have your own reliable transport and your own contact number
- Brilliant and confident communication skills
- NB NB NB your own email access
- Have studied and passed at least a full first year maths/statistics course or performed well in Matric Maths.
- Living Maths hourly sessions run between 7:15 am – 4:30 pm each day. You must be available to teach at least one hourly session a week during this time slot. Lessons are allocated according to the facilitator’s schedules and commitments.
If you think you are the right person for the position, kindly send us the following via email or fax.
1. A one page CV
2. A covering letter motivating why we should consider your application
3. Include in the subject category of the email “Facilitator Recruitment – your name”
There are a limited number of positions available so please reply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Applications from people of all ages, races and genders are welcome. I look forward to hearing from you.
(Chief Imagination Officer)